- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 tabs caster sugar
- 170g cold (hard) butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup cold (hard) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup ice water
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the flour and sugar. Pulse until combined.
- Add the butter and hard coconut oil. Pulse until the butter cubes are pea-sized.
- Using a low processer speed, pour the ice water down the processor feeder. Pulse until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll into a ball. If some dry flour remains, just sprinkle it with a little more water and knead until combined with the ball.
- For pies with a top and bottom crust, cut the dough in half; otherwise leave whole. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for no less than thirty minutes.