My sister invented this recipe and they are the yummiest rum balls I’ve ever tasted. I highly recommend these for your next Christmas celebration – they’re sure to be a hit with your guests!
- 1 pack Milk Arrowroot biscuits, finely crushed
- 2 tabs cocoa
- 1 cup sultanas
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Extra desiccated coconut, or chocolate sprinkles, to decorate
- 1 tin condensed milk
- ⅓ cup Bundaberg rum
- Remove any large or hard sultana pedicels (stems). This step is optional, but rum balls are much nicer when you don’t need to chew on hard little stems!
- Mix cocoa, desiccated coconut, sultanas and crushed Arrowroot biscuits until well combined.
- Add rum and condensed milk. If desired, more rum to taste. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until firm.
- Roll mixture into small balls, then toss them in the chocolate sprinkles (or extra desiccated coconut if preferred).
- Refrigerate the rum balls until ready to serve.