- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tabs white vinegar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tabs white sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tabs butter (melted)
- Measure the milk and stir in the vinegar. Set it aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Sift the flour with the bicarbonate of soda. Combine flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat egg and milk together. Add the melted butter.
- Prepare medium-hot frying pan.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, combining quickly and gently until batter is smooth.
- Put a little butter into heated pan and pour in a ladle of mixture spreading gently so not too thick as these will rise well if not too dense. If too thick they may not cook thoroughly.
- Turn pancakes once a good crop of bubbles appear, and edge looks a little dry.
- Enjoy with favourite topping while still warm.
Tip: Delicious toppings include maple syrup, fresh seasonal fruit, icing sugar and melted chocolate. For added flavour, try adding chocolate chips or blueberries into the pancake batter prior to frying.