Whether you like them chewy or crisp, homemade Anzac biscuits are an Aussie classic! Often made in time for Anzac Day (25 April), these popular treats make great lunchbox fillers.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tabs golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tabs water
- Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl. Add the rolled oats and coconut.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the golden syrup and water.
- Stir the bicarb soda into the liquid mixture.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Roll small balls of mixture and place on a greased tray.
- Bake at 175C for 15-20 minutes. The longer they are cooked, the less chewy they will be.
- Biscuits will harden when cool.