- 2 x 200g packs of Mint Slice biscuits
- 70g butter, melted
- 2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 40g copha
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 180g milk chocolate, chopped
- 25ml milk
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- Green food colouring (optional)
- Grease a 20cm x 25cm slice pan, and line with baking paper allowing 1 inch to overhang.
- Process biscuits until fine crumbs. Add butter and process until just combined. Spread mixture over the base of the pan, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, place icing sugar, copha and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth. Stir in essence. Using a spatula, spread mixture over the prepared base. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- To make the topping, place milk chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken. Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl (if desired, add a drop of green food colouring). Microwave on medium (50%) for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until smooth.
- Spread the milk chocolate mixture over the filling. Spoon the white chocolate into a snap-lock bag and snip off one corner. Pipe lines vertically over the milk chocolate. Drag a skewer horizontally through the lines, approximately 2 inches apart. Now horizontally drag the skewer between those lines, this time in the opposite direction, to create a marbled effect.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Remove from the fridge, cut into squares and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Chocolate mint slice”
Nice! Mint chocolate is my absolute favourite!! I would snack on these all day 😉
Thanks! Mint chocolate is one of my favourites too 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person